Dasher Technologies is seeking a highly motivated, articulate and organized professional for a Business Development Representative role where your primary responsibility is to prospect potential clients, investigate and qualify all incoming contacts that arise through web, event and marketing campaigns as well as targeted outbound activity. You will be responsible for profiling customer and target accounts, mapping executive structures and corporate solutions, identifying qualified opportunities and securing appointments.
Candidate will report directly to the VP of Marketing and build a rapport with the outside sales team to help facilitate sales efforts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Qualify all incoming inquiries generated through partners, web, marketing campaigns and events
- Drive qualified attendees to Dasher seminars, webinars, conferences and forums
- Possess a general knowledge of the IT industry, with the capacity to learn about individual systems and products quickly, and accurately, for marketing purposes.
- Ability to identify and qualify the key aspects of a potential lead, including need, budget, timeframe and decision-maker.
- Investigate opportunities into assigned existing customer accounts and identify mutual objectives using a consultative approach
- Prospect into target accounts to find new revenue opportunities
- Maintain account, opportunity and daily activity updates within our CRM
- Report weekly metrics to Director of Marketing and meet regular quotas of calls and qualified leads.
- Communicate information about calls accurately and effectively to the management and clients.
- Work with sales and marketing to develop, plan, and execute lead/demand generation campaigns and prospecting events
- Work with Account Executives to gain insight into individual territory and key account plans and establish lead generation priorities and methods
- Engage and build rapport with Dasher partners and vendors to gain mindshare and develop joint pipeline
Essential Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Background
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 1 year sales experience
- Background in technology preferred (servers, storage, networking, software, internet)
- Strong team player, highly motivated and self-starter
- Good communication skills, excellent listening and a positive attitude toward clients and co-workers
- Strong daily time management and the ability to work both independently or under supervision.
- Basic sales skills (Prospecting/Qualifying)
- Good organizational & analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient with standard office and CRM applications
- Adhere to Dasher policies regarding confidentiality; protecting proprietary client and team member information.